Accident Reconstruction with Heavy Vehicle Event Data Recorders
September 10 - 14 2018, Mesa Arizona
- Understanding SAE J1939, CAN, and other protocols
- Preserving HVEDR data with the FLA and OEM software
- Applying HVEDR data to physical evidence
- Incorporating traditional accident reconstruction techniques with HVEDR data
- Real-world, problem-solving written exercises
- Hands-on Vehicle Inspections
- Hands-on HVEDR / ECM Downloads (“reads”)
Bill Messerschmidt has taught HVEDR for 9 years, at Tulsa and Northwestern Universities.
He has published several research papers and spoken on HVEDR technology in the US,
Canada, and Germany.
Wes Grimes is a professional engineer and many-times published author in the field of accident reconstruction.
He teaches accident reconstruction certification courses for the Society of Automotive Engineers and is a recipient of the Forest R. McFarland Award from SAE.
Greg Wilcoxson is a retired Washington State Trooper who served with distinction for 25 years, investigating and reconstructing serious and fatal motor vehicle collisions, often involving heavy trucks and commercial vehicles.
Greg has taught HVEDR and CVCI courses and seminars to Law Enforcement and private engineers in the US and in Canada